Add some tartness to the traditional apple pie. Pick a variety of your favorite apples to give the best flavor and use either homemade or frozen piecrust.
- 3 cups slices appples (Jonathan, Romes, Laura Red recommended)
- 1 (16 oz) can whole cranberry sauce
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 deep dish pie crusts (frozen or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine filling ingredients in large bowl. Mix. Pour into 1 pie crust.
- Cut the crimp off the remaining pie crust. Place upright on filled crust.
- Let thaw 10-12 minutes. Crimp edges together. Cut 2 to 3 slits in top crust.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake 40 to 45 minutes of until lightly brown and apples are soft when pierced by a fork.
- Serve warm or cool with ice cream or a cheese wedge.