Make a sweet treat for the family or a perfect dish for a party. This recipe uses a mix and pumpkin butter from Center Grove Orchard, but can be substituted for other pumpkin roll mixes and pumpkin butter.
- 1 package Center Grove Orchard Pumpkin Bread Mix
- jar (16 oz) Center Grove Orchard Pumpkin Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 6 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 Tbsp milk (additional milk can be used if filling is too ‘stiff’)
- 1 tsp vanilla
To make cream cheese filling:
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and milk in a bowl until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray/grease jelly roll pan. Line with parchment paper. Spray/grease parchment paper/pan.
- Beat the eggs, vegetable oil and pumpkin butter together.
- Add bag of Pumpkin Bread Mix. Mix until everything is combined.
- Spread cake mixture evenly into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until knife/toothpick inserted in to center comes out clean.
- Run a paring knife around the edge of the pan after baking. Let pan cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar liberally over top of cake in the pan. Place a clean parchment sheet on top of powdered sugared cake and pan and flip over.
- Remove parchment paper before adding filling then spread cream cheese filling over cake.
- Roll cake using parchment paper underneath the cake and filling layer.
- Refrigerate or freeze roll in parchment at least one hour until ready to serve. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.