We love to make this a day ahead and let the flavors meld.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, allowed to come to room temp
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (we prefer Louisiana brand)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning, plus some for dusting
- ½ bunch of green onions
- In a skillet melt butter, then add crawfish tails and sautee for 2-3 minutes or until fat in crawfish tails is melted.
- Set aside and allow to cool. Allow cream cheese to come to room temp.
- In a large bowl, mix together with sour cream, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and cream cheese.
- Add in crawfish tails, seasoning and green onions and fold over to integrate. Cover and refrigerate.
- Create mound of mixture on a platter, lightly sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, and serve with a variety of crackers.