Homemade mayo is easy and so much better than store bought. A food processor, blender or immersion blender may be used for making mayo. I prefer to use an immersion blender.In a bowl, add all ingredients except olive and vegetable oil.
- 2 egg yolks (room temperature), whisked
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cold water
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- In a bowl, add all ingredients except olive and vegetable oil.
- In a measuring cup mix oils together.
- On a low speed, blend ingredients until peppers are pureed.
- With blender still running, slowly drizzle in oils to form an emulsion.
- This recipe makes about 1.5 cups, and keeps refrigerated for up to 5 days.