A cheesy twist on a comfort food classic from celebrity chef Tyler Florence.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 2 celery ribs, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2 inch-think slices
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package STOUFFER'S Macaroni & Cheese, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cook and stir for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Fold in the chicken, and continue to simmer for another couple of minutes to heat through; season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the macaroni and cheese into four soup bowls. Top with a ladle of the chicken noodle soup in each bowl.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.