Who says you can't enjoy seafood in seasons other than summer? Here is the perfect recipe for fall scallops.
- 12 Scallops
- 2 1/2 ounce Pumpkin, small dice
- 6 ounce Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 ounce Shallot, chopped
- 4 cup Chicken stock
- 1/3 cup White wine
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 ounce Butter
- 2 ounce Pumpkin Butter
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan, add cut shallots and the diced pumpkin and stir for 30 seconds without browning.
- Add Arborio rice while stirring with a wooden spoon. Pour in 1/3 of the chicken stock and reduce heat to a simmer, stir the entire time and add the remaining broth when needed. Season with salt.
- When rice is almost cooked “al dente”, add white wine and remove from heat. Stir in the butter and the grated parmesan as well as the parsley.
- Cook the seasoned Scallops in a very hot pan using 2 spoons of olive oil, when first starting to brown, add a spoon of butter and leave for another minute before turning them over.
- Assemble the dish using a spoon of Pumpkin butter next to the risotto and 3 scallops on each plate.
About Chef Jakob Esko
A perfectionist in the kitchen, Chef Jakob began his foray into the culinary scene as a chef at Michelin Star Restaurant ‘Sihlhalde’ in Zurich, Switzerland. Soon after, he was appointed Chef de Cuisine at the legendary ‘Ulriksdals Wärdshus’ – one of the best restaurants in Sweden. Since then, Chef Jakob has built up an impressive international portfolio by working in some of the best Michelin Star restaurants in England, France, Switzerland and Spain. Esko now takes the helm of the Grill Room at the new Capella Hotel in Georgetown, Washington, D.C.