Kenneth McCoy, a mixologist at Ward III in New York City, created this drink to celebrate Twinkies although it does not appear on the cocktail lounge’s menu. “Right after the bar opened with its bespoke cocktail program, customers would come in and try to ‘stump the bartender’ with crazy ingredients. One customer came in with a Twinkie and wanted to know what the bartender could do with it, so this cocktail was the end result,” says McCoy.
- 1 Twinkie
- 1 Strawberry cut in half
- 2 ounce Old Forester Bourbon
- 3/4 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce honey
- 1 Egg white
- Cut Twinkie into three pieces.
- Cut strawberry in half.
- Add Twinkie pieces into a mixing glass.
- Muddle the Twinkie, then add strawberry and do the same.
- Add egg white and cover with the other mixing tin and dry shake for 20 seconds.
- To build the cocktail, add bourbon, honey, lemon juice and ice, then shake for another 20 seconds.
- Poured into a chilled coupe and garnish with strawberry.