Turn your next football tailgate into a fiesta with Clinton Kelly’s Chicken Mango Tacos.
- 2 cup ripe mangos, peeled, pitted, and finely diced
- 1 Small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 Small red onion, finely diced
- 1 Jalapeño, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
- 2 Pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 Flour or corn tortillas
Step 1: Salsa
- In a medium bowl, combine the mangos, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt. Toss with the olive oil and fresh lime juice. Adjust the seasonings as needed. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
Step 2: Chicken Tacos
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the spice mixture onto the chicken thighs. Set them aside for at least 10 minutes to marinate.
Step 3: Chicken Tacos
- Preheat a grill to medium direct heat. Grill the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through. Remove it from the grill, let it rest for 5 minutes, and slice it into strips.
- Divide chicken between 8 tortillas and top each with salsa.
About Clinton Kelly
Clinton Kelly is the co-host of "What Not to Wear" on TLC and "The Chew" on ABC Daytime. He's also the author of Freakin’ Fabulous: How to Dress, Speak, Behave, Eat, Drink, Entertain, Decorate and Generally Be Better than Everyone Else and Oh No She Didn’t: The Top 100 Style Mistakes Women Make and How to Avoid Them. Check out more mango ideas from the National Mango Board on its website and Facebook page.