For kids who prefer sandwiches that are more sweet than savory, these “sushi rolls” are a real treat. They also look really appealing in your little one’s lunch box. Filled with a smear of tangy cream cheese and a dollop of fresh strawberry preserves, they’re so lip-smacking, they could almost pass for dessert. Hey, that’s actually not a bad idea.
- 4 Slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 8 teaspoon whipped cream cheese
- 8 teaspoon strawberry preserves
- Using a rolling pin, roll the bread to 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of cream cheese on each slice.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of strawberry preserves on top of the cream cheese.
- Roll up the bread and cut each roll into five 1-inch “sushi” pieces.
Filled with lots of great menu planning ideas; tips, tricks, and reusable product suggestions to make lunch fun; inspiring color photographs, advice on dealing with food allergies and so-called picky eaters; and more than 160 tried and true recipes, Weelicious Lunches takes lunchtime planning from hassle to joy.