On a hot summer day, there's nothing like a pitcher of sweet, refreshing watermelon juice to keep you hydrated.
- 1 1 small watermelon, about 6 pounds
- 1 cup water, as required
- Sugar/honey/agave nectar to taste
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Few mint leaves for garnish
- Crushed ice to serve
- Slice the watermelon in half. If it has seeds use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds. Discard the seeds, and scoop chunks of watermelon from the rind into the blender. Pulse the watermelon using little water in batches.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice into the blender and desired sweetener and blend for a few seconds. Pour the watermelon juice into a pitcher or pour directly into glasses, over ice. Garnish with mint.