While scallops are not the obvious choice for brunch cuisine, if fresh seafood is available then why not make it the staple of every meal? These savory scallops are delicious addition to any breakfast table, especially one by the beach.
- 8 Jumbo scallops
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Season scallops with sea salt and coarse ground pepper.
- Heat sauté pan over very high heat till light smoke appears, add 4T vegetable oil to hot pan.
- Add scallops and sear on first side for about 3 minuets until golden.
- Flip scallops add 2T butter and 1 T fresh time to pan.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 5 min.
About Chef John Lawrence
John Lawrence joins the new Kimball's Kitchen as Chef de Cuisine. Lawrence focuses on straightforward dishes using quality ingredients and fresh seafood sourced throughout the Atlantic. Prior to joining the Sanderling team, he was Chef de Cuisine at Tides Inn and finessed his fine dining at Le Meridian and Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans.
Located on the Soundside of the Sanderling Resort, Kimball’s Kitchen offers glorious view of the Currituck Sound and its inspiring sunsets, outstanding service and a world class menu. Kimball’s Kitchen offers everything that is special about both the Sanderling and the Outer Banks.