We make these when we’re in the mood to sip something dark and husky. Others may prefer smooth bourbon, but we like the slightly rougher edge of Jack Daniel’s against the sweet vermouth and the booze soaked cherry at the end.
- 4 ounce Jack Daniel’s whiskey
- 1 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2 Dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 Maraschino cherries
- Put a big handful of ice cubes into a large glass.
- Add the whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters and stir gently.
- Strain into two chilled stemmed cocktail glasses, if you like that look, or into two lowball glasses; add a cherry to each.
About the Chefs
Founded by Melissa Hamilton, a renowned food stylist, and Christopher Hirsheimer, an award-winning photographer, Canal House Cooking celebrates the everyday practice of simple cooking and the enjoyment of eating.