When a salad is packed with this many toppings it usually means it’s also packed with a hefty amount of fat and calories- but not with a Hungry Girl salad.
- 6 stalks asparagus
- 2 cups eggplant cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 artichoke hearts packed in water, drained, halved lengthwise
- One 3-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- Dash each salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp. frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tbsp. bagged sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 oz. (about 2 tbsp.) diced avocado
- 2 tbsp. low-fat or fat-free balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Lay asparagus, eggplant, bell pepper, and artichoke hearts on the baking sheet. Bake until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a grill pan (or skillet) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and black pepper and place in the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Roughly chop asparagus and artichoke hearts. Transfer all cooked veggies to a medium bowl. Add corn and sun-dried tomatoes, and toss to mix.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl (or on a large plate) and top with veggie mixture and avocado. Slice chicken and lay it on top.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk vinaigrette with mustard. Pour mixture over salad or serve on the side. Enjoy.