Green Chiles, crumbled bacon, and cheese mixed with eggs makes for the perfect mothers day comfort food.
- 2 x 4 ounce cans diced green chiles, squeezed dry
- 12 ounce grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 Large eggs
- 3 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 Strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch dish with nonstick spray.
- In medium bowl, mix together the chiles and cheese. Gently spread into the prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour and salt. Pour over chiles and cheese. Sprinkle the bacon on top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until or until bubbling and the eggs are cooked through. Test with a toothpick to come out clean.
- Try using a combination of cheddar and jack too. If you'd like, you can cut the recipe in half and use an 8x8-inch dish, as pictured.