Meaning “Cooked Cream” in Italian, this creamy dessert is given a fresh, subtle sweetness from the Strawberries and a crisp accent from the Mint.
- 3 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cup goat yogurt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4-6 cups fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Heat cream to almost boiling. Whisk in 1 cup of sugar until melted. Whisk some of the hot cream mixture into the bowl with the gelatin. Whisk until gelatin is dissolved. Whisk dissolved gelatin mixture into the remaining hot cream mixture. Whisk in goat yogurt.
- Divide into about 10 small glasses, cups, or ramekins. Cover with plastic film and place in refrigerator until it sets, about 2 hours. Meanwhile stem and slice the strawberries. Toss in a bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and macerate.
- When the Panna Cottas have set, spoon macerated strawberries on top and garnish with fresh mint leaves to serve.