At last! A rich, melt-in-your-mouth gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free brownie. Serve with a scoop of ice cream for an over the top treat.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Spectrum all-vegetable shortening
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with shortening.
- In a medium saucepan over very low heat, melt the chocolate chips until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then mix in the shortening and coconut sugar.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the brownies cool in the baking dish for 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve.
Elana Amsterdam is a gluten-free author and blogger. Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry offers nearly 100 recipes featuring lean proteins and simple vegetable dishes, plus classic desserts–all free from grain, gluten, and dairy, and made with natural sweeteners.