For a side dish that easy to whip up, this tofu and quinoa salad is a great alternative to heavy potato salad. Considering March is National Nutrition Month, now is the perfect time to focus on healthy eating. Small steps – like reducing your fat intake and eating more vegetables – can have a positive impact on how you look, think, and feel.
- 1 House Foods Premium Tofu or Organic Tofu, Super Firm Cubed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (couscous can be substituted)
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup dried raspberries or cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
- While quinoa is cooking, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Combine cooked quinoa with rest of the ingredients except tofu, and lime juice mixture, stirring well.
- Add tofu, mix well and sprinkle with Italian parsley.