Round balls made of sesame seeds and ricotta cheese.
This tasty truffle look alike dessert is one of my favorite winter treat, which I learnt to make from my aunt. I used to go to her house in the evenings to study hindi and on every visit she made some delicious food and this was one of them. Eat in small quantities during the winter season. Sesame seeds give warmth and energy to the body. They are rich in anti-oxidants and are used in most of the cuisines of the world. Store the seeds in the freezer for a longer shelf life.
- 1 1/2 cup white sesame seeds
- 1 cup reduced ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon melted butter/ ghee
- 4-5 Cardamom seeds, slightly crushed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Put the ricotta cheese in a nonstick pan and cook it on low to medium heat till it is reduced into half and it looks almost solid. Keep aside to cool.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds till they become fragrant and slightly brown. Let cool.
- Grind it coarsely in a blender. Put it back in the same pan.
- Add ricotta cheese, green cardamom and sugar. Stir well for five minutes or till it all comes together.
- Rub some butter/ ghee in both hands and shape them in balls.
Parul Mehra is a food bloggger who specializes in creating Indian family dishes handed down from generations. She focuses on recipes that are based on ingredients used in everyday home and works to remove the fear factor that people associate with Indian cuisine.