Snack mix in a slow cooker? This classic is always a hit at parties. To liven up the Snack Mix, increase the Worcestershire to 4 tablespoons and add a dash of Tabasco Sauce. Recipe makes 14 cups.
- 8 cup Chex cereal, of any combination
- 6 cup from the following: pretzels, snack crackers, goldfish, Cheerios, nuts, bagel chips, toasted corn
- 3/4 stick (6 Tbsp.) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine 14 cups of dry ingredients in slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and seasonings.
- Pour over dry ingredients in slow cooker. Toss until well mixed.
- Cover. Cook on Low 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
Phyllis Pellman Good is a New York Times bestselling author whose books have sold more than 10 million copies. Good is the author of the nationally acclaimed Fix-It and Forget-It slow-cooker cookbooks, several of which have appeared on the New York Times bestseller list.
Photo Credit: Open Road Media