This dip can be used as more than a party favorite: on a roll as a sandwich, or topped with sour cream and a side of cornbread. Recipe makes 7-8 cups.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 8-oz. Can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 10 ¾- oz. Can tomato soup
- 1 1/4 10 ¾-oz. Can cream of mushroom soup
- Corn chips
- Little barbecued smokies
- Brown ground beef and onions in skillet. Drain off drippings. Place beef and onions in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except corn chips and smokies, and stir well.
- Cover. Simmer until cheese is melted.
- Serve with corn chips and little barbecued smokies.
Phyllis Pellman Good is a New York Times bestselling author whose books have sold more than 10 million copies. Good is the author of the nationally acclaimed Fix-It and Forget-It slow-cooker cookbooks, several of which have appeared on the New York Times bestseller list.
Photo Credit: Open Road Media