This mini apple pie recipe from The Pampered Chef will help satisfy your sweetie's sweet tooth.
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Package (14.1 oz) refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust), softened according to package directions
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce or butterscotch rum sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line Cookie Sheet with Parchment Paper; set aside. Zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater to measure 1 tsp. Combine zest, sugar and spice blend in large Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl; mix well. Unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured Pastry Mat; roll to a 12-in. circle using Baker’s Roller®. Spacing closely together, cut 12 disks from crust using (3-in.) Biscuit Cutter. Transfer disks to Cookie Sheet; lightly prick with pastry tool and sprinkle evenly with about 2 tsp of the sugar mixture. Bake 6–8 minutes or until disks are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cut apples into wedges using Apple Wedger. Add apples to remaining sugar mixture in mixing bowl; toss well to coat completely. Arrange apples in a single layer in Small Ridged Baker; cover with Parchment Paper. Microwave on HIGH 3–5 minutes or until apples are soft. Carefully drain apple liquid into Mini Easy Read Measuring Cup to measure 3 tbsp. Place whipped topping in small Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl; fold in apple liquid.
- Remove Cookie Sheet from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. To assemble, transfer one disk to a serving plate. Arrange three apple wedges on disk in a single layer using Sauté Tongs. Top apples with 1 tbsp of the whipped topping mixture. Place second disk over filling; top with two apple wedges and 1 tbsp of the whipped topping mixture. Repeat with remaining disks, apple wedges and whipped topping mixture. Drizzle with sauce.