Sugar and spice come together to make this oh so nice popcorn crunch. The recipes, which is from The Popcorn Board, yields 4 1/2 quarts.
- 3 quart popped popcorn, unsalted
- 1 Can (6 1/2 ounce) salted mixed nuts
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix popcorn and nuts in large buttered bowl.
- Combine sugar, syrup, butter or margarine, water, salt and cinnamon in saucepan.
- Heat slowly to the boiling point, stirring until sugar melts.
- Cook to hard crack stage (290-295 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Pour syrup in a fine stream over popcorn and nuts.
- Stir until popcorn and nuts are evenly coated with syrup.
- Spread out on large buttered surface or waxed paper
- Separate into bite-size portions with forks. Cool.