Not only are these meatballs delicious, but they are a great way to use up any leftover cranberry sauce from the holidays!
For the Meatballs:
- 2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
For the Sauce:
- 1 can jellied cranberry sauce
- 12 ounce bottle of Chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Meatball ingredients until well mixed.
- Form into 40-50 meatballs and put in lightly greased baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through. (Cut one open to test.)
- While meatballs are baking, combine Sauce ingredients in saucepan. Heat over low heat until jellied sauce and brown sugar melt. Stir frequently.
- Place baked meatballs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over meatballs, making sure that all are covered in sauce if you’ve layered them into the cooker
- Cover. Cook on Low 2 hours or until Sauce is bubbly.
- Turn slow cooker to Warm and serve with toothpicks.
- Use 1 lb. ground beef and 1 lb. ground pork instead of 2 lbs. ground beef. Use 10¾-oz. can condensed tomato soup, mixed with 1 tsp. prepared mustard, instead of chili sauce.
About Phyllis Pellman Good
Phyllis Pellman Good is a New York Times bestselling author whose books have sold more than 10 million copies. Good is the author of the nationally acclaimed Fix-It and Forget-It slow-cooker cookbooks, several of which have appeared on the New York Times bestseller list.