This is a fun dish to make on a Saturday night or when you just feel like eating something special. You can refrigerate the salsa in an airtight container for up to a week.
For the Salsa:
- 3 1⁄2 cup diced frozen or fresh peaches (about 2 1⁄2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon light agave syrup (if needed)*
For the Tacos:
- 1 pound lean pork tenderloin, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 mini whole wheat tortillas
- Combine all the salsa ingredients and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the pork with the cumin, paprika, garlic, and salt.
- Generously coat a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat on medium. Add the pork and grill on both sides until cooked through.
- Divide the pork filling among the tortillas and top with the salsa.
The Quick and Clean Diet: Lose the Weight, Fell Great, and Stay Lean for Life
What many folks don’t know is that Dari is also a trained chef who studied at what is now called The Institute of Culinary Education. She recently wrote her first book, The Quick & Clean Diet: Lose the Weight, Feel Great, and Stay Lean for Life which shows how to achieve your best body by consuming foods closest to their natural state.