This drink is especially great if you are nursing a hangover. Make sure to stay true to the addition of orange-flower water, because it is vital to the drink’s distinctive perfumed taste.
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 ounce dry gin
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange-flower water
- 1 Egg white
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Put all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Cover and shake vigorously.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses and serve.
Founded by Melissa Hamilton, a renowned food stylist, and Christopher Hirsheimer, an award-winning photographer, Canal House Cooking celebrates the everyday practice of simple cooking and the enjoyment of eating. Melissa Hamilton cofounded the restaurant Hamilton’s Grill Room in Lambertville, New Jersey, where she served as executive chef. She worked at Martha Stewart Living, Cook’s Illustrated, and at Saveur as the food editor. Christopher Hirsheimer served as food and design editor for Metropolitan Home magazine, and was one of the founders of Saveur magazine, where she was executive editor.