This drink features spicy rye whiskey infused with cinnamon, clove and juniper to pack as much flavor into the mix as possible.
- 1 Oz. infused rye whiskey (recipe below – Goose & Gander uses 100 proof Rittenhouse Rye)*
- .25 Oz. Campari
- .75 Oz. Carpano Antica Formula sweet vermouth
Infused Rye Whiskey
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon of juniper berries
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing glass full of ice and stir for about 30 seconds or until well chilled. Strain into a cocktail glass and twist a long piece of orange zest over the cocktail to express the oils before dropping it in the cocktail. Then forget about your troubles, at least for an hour or two.
Step 1: Infused Rye Whiskey
- Place into a bottle of rye whiskey along with 1 tablespoon of cloves. Let the mixture stand for 2 days before serving, shaking periodically. Strain with a fine mesh strainer before using.