PB&J in peanut butter cookie form? Yes, please! And you can also make sandwich cookies with Betty Crocker oatmeal, chocolate chip or sugar cookie mixes.
- 1 Pouch Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix
- Vegetable oil and egg called for on cookie mix package
- 1/3 cup Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup favorite jelly, jam or preserves
- Heat oven to 375°F. Make cookies as directed on pouch, using oil and egg. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir frosting and peanut butter until smooth.
- For each sandwich cookie, spread heaping teaspoon peanut butter mixture on bottom of 1 cookie; spread slightly less than 1 teaspoon jelly over peanut butter mixture. Top with another cookie.
Triple PB&J Sandwich Cookies:
- Make cookies as directed. In microwavable bowl, microwave 1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips and 2 teaspoons shortening uncovered on High about 1 minute or until almost melted; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave at additional 5-second intervals. Dip half of each sandwich cookie into mixture. Immediately roll outside of frosted edge in chopped peanuts. Lay flat to dry.