This easy but classy brunch recipe, which was created by Matt Wilkinson, the executive chef at Pope Joan restaurant in Melbourne, Australia, features Ora King Salmon from New Zealand and gives you a reason to use your sometimes neglected waffle iron.
- 17 ounce Smoked Ora King Salmon, sliced
- 1/4 Bunch chervil
- 1/4 Bunch dill
- 1/4 Bunch parsley
- 1/4 Head frisee, yellow leaves only
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 7 ounce creme fraiche
- 4 Eggs, poached
- 2 cup mashed potato
- 1 cup egg whites (approximately 3 egg whites)
- 2 ounce milk
- 55 gram butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup plain flour
- To make potato waffles, mix potato, milk & butter in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt & pepper. Combine potato mixture with flour mixture. In another bowl whisk egg whites to soft peaks. Fold egg whites through combined potato & flour mixture. Pre-heat waffle iron, pour in batter & cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- To serve, wash & pick herbs & salad leaves & dress with lemon juice & olive oil. Place a waffle on each plate, top with crème fraiche & then poached egg. Arrange salmon around waffle & top with dressed herbs & salad leaves.