"This recipe is easy to make, but more importantly it’s satisfying for all its roasty toasty flavors plus the savory-ness provided by the onions, celery, and chicken stock," says Chef Paul Fehribach of Chicago's Big Jones.
- 4 cup white bread, cut into 1/2'' pieces
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 quart unsalted chicken broth
- In a preheated 400 degree F oven, toast bread cubes 5 to 7 minutes, just until lightly browned.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and cook onion and celery over medium heat for 3 minutes or until wilted and well sweated.
- Transfer to a bowl and add bread cubes, herbs, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Toss well and adjust seasoning. Transfer to 4 quart baking dish and bake in Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes until hot and crusty.