Crispy green beans tossed with Italian style bacon and cruncy pine nuts. You won't even know you're eating your vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 ounce pancetta, ¼ inch dice
- 9 ounce green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Start by toasting pine nuts in a dry sauté pan until slightly darker in color. Blanch green beans in boiling water and transfer to an ice bath to retain color.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add oil and pancetta to render. Once the pancetta begins to crisp, add in the blanched green beans and cook for 5-7 minutes with the pancetta.
- Toss and season with red pepper flakes; heat until cooked all the way through. Transfer to a serving dish and top with toasted pine nuts.