Light and decadent, the tofu makes a great vegan substitute for the traditional mascarpone cheese.
- 2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 14 ounce package House Foods Organic or Premium Tofu Medium Firm
- 1 cup sugar plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 5 Eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 14 ounce hard lady fingers
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- Shaved dark chocolate, for garnish
- Add 3 tablespoons sugar into hot coffee and stir until sugar dissolves. Let cool.
- Drain and add Tofu Firm to a food processor; blend until completely smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add egg yolks and 1-cup sugar in a bowl and whisk until fluffy and light yellow in color. Whisk in the tofu until smooth and well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt with an electric hand mixer until they reach medium stiff peaks. Fold into the tofu mixture.
- Dip the ladyfingers into the hot coffee and lay them into a single layer in a 9x13 glass-baking tray. Make sure you don’t completely soak the cookies, as you want to retain some crunch. Spread a layer of the tofu on top, and dust lightly with cocoa powder. Repeat layering with cookies, tofu, and cocoa powder. Garnish the top of the cake with shaved dark chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and let refrigerate for 3 hours so the flavors can marry.
About Debi Mazar
Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos are the stars of Cooking Channel’s show Extra Virgin.