You can find this decadent dessert at the Contemporary Resort’s California Grill in Disney World, or make it in your kitchen.
- 8 1-Ounce semisweet chocolate squares, chopped 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Whole sticks of butter
- 5 Egg yolks
- 4 Whole eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter sides of 6 individual (3/4 cup) ramekins. Lightly coat with sugar, shake out excess.
- Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from over water and cool 10 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks and whole eggs together in a large bowl; add sugar and beat until thick and light, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate mixture.
- Sift flour, then fold into batter, mixing until smooth.
- Divide batter among prepared cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake about 35 to 40 minutes or until sides of cake are set and middle is still soft. Do not overbake. Note: After 25 minutes, I had a feeling that the 35 to 40 minute estimate was way too much. I took out a cake and I was literally spot on. It was perfectly done. I took the rest out right away and it was too late for them.
- Using a small knife, cut around sides of cakes to loosen. Invert onto plates and serve with your favorite ice cream.