This spectacular cobbler is served at Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in Disney World.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounce fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 pint each fresh raspberries and blackberries, and 8 strawberries, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. With a pastry blender, two knives used scissor-style, or your hands, blend in ½ cup butter until crumbly. With a fork, stir in the egg and mix just enough to blend. Add heavy cream and mix just enough to incorporate; do not overmix.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan, line the bottom with waxed paper, and grease the paper.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the cake pan.Place the blueberries on top of the dough and sprinklewith the brown sugar. Place the remaining 2 tablespoonsbutter pieces over berries.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Coolon a wire rack. Remove the cake from the pan, cut it in wedges, and serve with the fresh raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Top with vanilla ice cream.
- Fruit sorbets can be substituted for vanilla ice cream. And you can use any seasonal fruit.