You don't have to take a Disney Cruise to enjoy some of their best cuisine. This duck dish served aboard Lumiere’s on the Disney Magic and Triton’s on the Disney Wonder.
- 6-8 Pound fresh or frozen duck
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Marquise Potatoes (Potato Cakes)
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 4 Strips bacon, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, divided
- Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup pomegranate syrup
For the duck- Step 1:
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Roast duck for 25 to 35 minutes, or until medium rare. Rest until cool enough to remove breast, thighs, and legs, keeping the skin intact.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add duck breast, skin side down, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until skin is crispy.
- Place thighs and drumsticks, skin side up, back in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until skin is crispy.
- Transfer duck to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
For marquise potatoes (potato cakes)- Step 1:
- Boil potatoes until tender, drain and cool on a perforated pan. Shred the potatoes with a box grater; set aside.
- Sauté bacon until crisp in a medium skillet. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add bacon and onions to the shredded potatoes. Mix in parsley, egg, and 1 tablespoon flour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form into eight 3-inch cakes. Dredge the cakes lightly in remaining flour, coating both sides.
- Heat the butter in large skillet over high heat. Cook the cakes until golden brown on both sides.
For pomegranate jus- Step 1:
- Heat beef stock in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour in pomegranate syrup and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place 2 potato cakes on 4 entrée plates and serve with duck breast slices, thighs and drumsticks. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of pomegranate jus over duck and serve remaining jus on the side.