While a tad heavy to eat for breakfast, steak and eggs is one of my favorite "brinner" dishes. (And, not to mention, ridiculously quick and easy to make.)
- 1 3/4-pound boneless sirloin steak
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- 1 Egg, or more as desired, preferably heirloom or organic
- Generously season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a medium pan or cast-iron skillet until hot. Then, over medium-high heat, cook the steak until it reaches desired doneness (about 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare). Set the steak aside on a dish to rest.
- Reduce the heat under the pan to medium and add the egg (or eggs).
- Season with a little salt and pepper, and cook for about 3 minutes or until edges of the whites curl and begin to brown. Remove from the pan and place on top of the steak to serve.