This one pan breakfast/dinner/brinner dish is so rich in taste and hearty in texture, especially with the perfect wingman piece of soft ciabatta or an uber-crunchy bialy. With a still-simmering sauce and the never failing flavor of egg yolk, take one dip and you'll be sold, I promise.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Small onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Pinch of fresh basil
- 4 Large eggs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the olive oil, onion, and garlic. When the garlic starts to turn golden, add the tomatoes. Place lid and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add white wine, tomato paste, and basil, and stir. Cover again for another 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and sauce-like.
- Crack the eggs directly into the sauce and let cook, uncovered, until they are to your liking. Add salt and pepper for taste and serve.