- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 ounce large vidalia onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon ginger, grated
- Pinch of salt
- 6 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 pound carrots, chopped
- 1 13 1/2-ounce coconut milk
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a pot and let simmer for 5 minutes until the onions begin to brown.
- Add the stock, carrots, and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend fully with an immersion blender or transferring to a food processor in batches, and warming again as needed.