There couldn’t be a simpler, tastier snack than Kale chips. These little guys blow the minds of my roommates each and every time I make them. They’re our favorite TV night snack, since they are really easy to make and a great replacement for potato chips. They require hardly any ingredients, have a great light crunch (I would argue even better than potato chips), less starch, less salt, and even more flavor.
- 1 Bunch curly kale
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- After you rinse and dry your kale, begin to tear off the ends in 1-inch bunches, while still getting some of the flat parts as well.
- Place the pieces evenly and flat on a foil-lined tray. Drizzle the olive oil evenly in a line across the pieces. Then, salt and pepper evenly and to taste.
- Place in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until the chips have browned. Be sure to keep an eye on them! They can burn quickly.