Let's say you're hungry — really hungry — and those tiny chicken wings whose meat you have to nibble off aren't going to cut it, but you want the wings taste and feel. Turkey wings are barbecued wings for a giant, and who wouldn't want a giant barbecue?
For the turkey
- 4 pound turkey wings, separated
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup*
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the turkey: Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread the turkey parts onto a baking sheet and drizzle canola oil on them then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes.
For the barbecue sauce: Step 1
- Mix all ingredients together then set aside.
- When the turkey comes out of the oven after 45 minutes, brush the sauce on the turkey, then place back in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Take the wings out and turn over, then brush that side with sauce.
- Bake for another 25 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced.