These are melty, with bittersweet dark chocolate, chewy dough, and, a surprise nutty oat flavor that makes you think these cookies are actually healthy! (Well, oats are good for you, so there’s that justification.)
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk or water (if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract together until well combined and smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder, mixing until well combined. Then, mix in the oats followed by the chocolate chips.*
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and begin to spoon out small balls of dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until a toothpick can come out virtually clean (a little melted chocolate doesn’t count). Remove from the oven, and serve.
- If the dough seems a little dry before you start to spoon it onto your baking sheet, add either a teaspoon of milk or water.