Cheer for Team USA between bites of this deliciously patriotic dessert.
- 1 Prepared angel food cake (13 ounces)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 4 container (6 oz/175 g each) blended strawberry yogurt
- 1 package (3.3 oz) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cup thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
- Cut cake into 1-in. (2.5-cm) cubes; set aside. Hull fresh strawberries and cut into quarters. Set aside 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the fresh strawberries and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the blueberries for garnish. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine remaining fresh and frozen strawberries; mix well.
- In Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl, whisk yogurt, pudding mix and lemon juice until smooth; immediately fold in 1 cup (250 mL) of the whipped topping.
- To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into Trifle Bowl. Top with one-third of the strawberry mixture and one-third of the blueberries, pressing down lightly. Top with one-third of the yogurt mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers two times, spreading last layer evenly.
- To garnish, fill Easy Accent Decorator fitted with open star tip with remaining whipped topping. Pipe whipped topping over top of trifle; garnish with reserved berries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cheesecake pudding and pie filling or vanilla pudding and pie filling can be substituted for the white chocolate pudding, if desired. If using vanilla pudding, add 6-8 drops of red food coloring for a pinker color, if desired.