Soft and flakey, orange and creamy, these muffins just scream summer. And guess what…they’re vegan and gluten-free!
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 cup agave syrup
- 20 Drops Orange NuStevia
- Zest of one orange (about 1-2 teaspoons)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with foil liners (or coat pan with a generous amount of non-stick spray)
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flours, protein powder, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, and chia seeds and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, add milk, oil, agave, stevia, and orange zest and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until all the flour is incorporated.
- Spoon batter into muffin liners filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until the tops are slightly browned.
- Once done, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy alone with a glass of milk or coffee, or crumble over your favorite yogurt for a protein packed breakfast!