Who likes actually making omelets? You know, you crack the eggs, let them spread and coat the skillet, fill them with delicious goodies, pause to admire how beautiful the colors are, and then slap yourself on the forehead after you “try” to flip it and are left with some sort of egg-tastrophe that nowhere near resembles the picture you had in your head...My solution: Don’t flip! AND…while your at it…why not get really wild and turn it into a pizza!
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 8 ounce liquid egg whites
- 1/8 cup onions, diced
- 1/8 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 Handful fresh spinach
- 1 Whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tablespoon low fat cream cheese
- Salt & Pepper and other desired spices
- Saute onions and bell pepper over high heat in 1/4 tablespoon olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach, cover, and allow to cook 2-3 minutes longer, or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove veggies from pan.
- Coat skillet with 1/4 tablespoon olive oil (or cooking spray) and reduce temperature to medium heat.
- Return veggies to skillet, spread evenly across skillet.
- Pour in egg whites, cover, and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes or until egg starts to set and the edges start to turn brown and pull away from the sides of the skillet.
- While you wait, pop your tortilla under the broiler and toast just until it starts to get crispy. Once done, allow to cool for a couple of minutes and then spread with cream cheese.
- Uncover skillet and allow to cook 2-3 minutes until egg is set and no liquid remains on top.
- Using a large spatula, transfer the egg white “pizza” to your toasted tortilla that has been spread with cream cheese.
- Garnish as desired and slice with a pizza cutter.