This meatloaf was among the school lunches sampled at the School Nutrition Association's Annual National Conference in Denver.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1.75 ounce oats
- 2 tablespoon yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon basil, dry
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In bowl combine 1/3 cup ketchup, milk, egg, oats, blend for a few minutes with whisk or fork.
- Add meat, onions, parsley, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and salt to liquid mixture. Mix with fingers, incorporating all ingredients blended. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Place mixture into loaf pan. Smooth top and shape loaf to be 6 inches long.
- Before baking, spread remaining 1/3 cup of catsup over the top of meatloaf to retain moisture.
- Bake in a 275 degree oven for 1 hour 15 minutes. Heat until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Drain fat from pan. Let meat loaf stand for 20 minutes. Slice loaf into 6 slices.