This is a perfect blend of spices with fruits and is very versatile as you can use any fruit depending upon the season. It can be served as a salad or as an appetizer in parties. Chaat masala is a combination of different spices such as cumin, coriander, ginger and black pepper. It is easily available in any Indian grocery store and on-line. The masala is used to flavor dishes and at times drinks also.
- 1 Small can of mandarin oranges
- 1 Red apple
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Large tomato
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 2 teaspoon confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Drain the liquid from the can of mandarin oranges and cut each orange piece into halves. Chop apple, banana, cucumber and tomato in chunks. Also, slice green and red grapes into halves.
- Put all the fruits in a large salad bowl. Now add the salts, sugar, chaat masala, cumin powder, lemon juice, orange juice and cilantro leaves.
- Toss it well and serve.
Parul Mehra is a food bloggger who specializes in creating Indian family dishes handed down from generations. She focuses on recipes that are based on ingredients used in everyday home and works to remove the fear factor that people associate with Indian cuisine.