Next time you're adding lobster tail meat to a dish, remember to save the claws and shells for this recipe. This lobstertini created at the Lobster Shanty restaurant is quickly becoming a Salem, Mass. favorite.
- 1 Lemon
- 1 pound Lobster
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Celery stalks
- Sprig of dill, parsley, sage and rosemary
- 1 Large bay leaf
- 1 dozen Black peppercorn
- Dash of salt
- Absolut Vodka
Step 1: Prep
- Remove claws from lobster and save for garnish. Remove meat from lobster and save for another recipe. The body / shells are what is needed for the essence.
Step 2: Prep
- Coarsely chop your vegetables and rip herbs into small pieces.
Step 1: Lobster Essence
- Fill a medium sized stock pot with one gallon of cool water and add a pinch of salt - put in lobster shells, carrot, celery, onions, herbs and spices. Simmer for one hour and then strain. Do not boil.
Step 2: Lobster Essence
- Chill, or freeze, essence until needed.
Step 1: Martini
- In a clean shaker pour ice, vodka and about 1/4 oz of lobster essence.
Step 2: Martini
- Shake vigorously for a few seconds and strain into your chilled glass.