This easy baked chicken dinner is deliciously light and perfect for any weather.
For the chicken
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 chicken breats
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
- 6 ounce grape tomatoes, halved, plus more for garnish
- 1 green onion, sliced on the bias
For the chicken: Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with a dab of oil.
- Mix flour, salt, and lemon pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, then coat with the egg. Cover the chicken in the panko breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
For the sauce: Step 1
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the garlic. About 30 seconds to 1 minute later, add the tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in some green onions (reserve some for decoration, if you want) and cook for another minute or so.
- Pour the sauce over chicken breasts, garnish with remaining green onion and tomato halves.