I literally make these Lemon Blueberry Muffins once a week and finally managed to write it all down. They're a favorite for brunch or anytime of the day. And the lemon zest (from TWO lemons) adds a tangy fresh flavor.
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Large eggs at room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat it with cooking spray, vegetable oil, or butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder,and salt. Add the butter and combine.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the ,batter is going to be a little lumpy and that's okay.
- Toss the blueberries with the remaining flour in a bowl. Gently fold the floured berries into the batter.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining sugar. Bake for 17 to 20 min.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.