A sweet combination of strawberries and honey that's nicely balanced with the creaminess of ricotta and the crunchy, nuttiness of Marcona almonds. Oh, and the lovely fragrance of fresh basil. Serve this quick appetizer on top of toasted ciabatta bread or other crostini-like pieces for a quick and pretty appetizer.
- 1 loaf of ciabatta, sliced thinly into 1-inch pieces
- fresh ricotta
- 1 16-ounce box of fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced thinly
- handful of Marcona almonds
- Honey, for drizzling
- 6-8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Toast the ciabatta until firm and allow to cool.
- On a serving plate, loosely spread the ricotta on the bread slices.
- Top with slices of strawberry and a handful of the Marcona almonds.
- Drizzle with honey and top with the basil leaves.