Tilapia and quinoa pack a dual punch: they're healthy and quick to cook. This recipe gives texture to the mild and flaky tilapia by broiling a layer of quinoa on top of the fish, creating a dish that is simple to make but has a great presentation.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon thyme (preferably fresh)
- 16 ounce tialpia fillets
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven by putting it on broil.
- Bring the quinoa, chicken stock, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons of thyme to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- Place your tilapia on a sheet tray covered in aluminum foil.
- Brush the tilapia on both sides with olive oil, the remaining salt and thyme, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Take a spoon and spread out a layer of the quinoa on top of the tilapia until there is a thin even layer.
- Put the tilapia under the broiler, on the highest rack. Cook for 7-10 minutes until the tilapia is cooked through and the quinoa has begun to brown slightly.
- Let the fish cool and then serve alongside the additional quinoa.
- The quinoa can be made up to a day in advance and then reheated.